The Montecarlo R1 is specially designed to adapt to each stage of your child's growth. Suitable for children between 15 – 36 kg, this Group 2 – 3 car seat has an integral adjustment system that allows both the seat's height and width to be altered for a perfect fit, effectively protecting your child during all stages of growth and accommodating for different thickness of clothing depending on the days weather.
You can extend its usage even further when used with Jane's optional Xtend impact shield, a protective cushion that provides a safe and comfortable alternative to a harness. With the Xtend it can also be used as a Group 1 car seat, effectively extending the seats range from Group 1-2-3, 9 to 36 kg, 9 months to 12 years approx.
This car seat's unique aluminium structure improves protection by 70% when compared to a traditional system and is also equipped with an ISOFIX anchoring system for the base of the seat, which combined with 3-point seat belt, obtaining greater stability.
Offering greater cushioning, the larger wrap around headrest increases shock absorption that's caused by an impact. The reclinable backrest and tilting sides provide optimum support for a restful journey and the aeration vents with the internal fabrics are breathable to maximise your child's comfort.
Montecarlo R1 is independently tested and approved under new European Car Safety Regulations ECE R44/04. This excellent seat was also subjected to the strict EUROTEST exam, which tests the safety and resistance of all the child safety seats on the market. It received one of the best scores on the market in its category, and an “excellent mark” with special mention made of its “safety in side crashes” and the “stability of the seat”.
Awards & Tests
Why You Should Buy Me?
- Suitable for: Group 2-3, 15-36kg, 3 to 12 years approx.
- Optional Xtend impact shield allows this Group 2-3 car seat to cater for
- Group 1. Meaning the car seat can effectively be used from 9 to 36 kg, 9 months to 12 years approx.
- Adaptable: a Multi-Group Safety Seat that easily adapts to your growing child thanks to its integral adjustment system.
- Anchored to the car via the standard Isofix system and the child is secured in the seat with the 3-point seat belt, obtaining greater stability. It can also be installed with just a 3-point seat belt.
- The aluminium structure improves protection by 70% compared to traditional systems.
- Height and width of the sides of the headrest and the backrest areas are independently adjustable.
- Reclining backrest and adjustable armrests.
- Maximum protection thanks to the improved large wrap around headrest and side shock absorption.
- Seat belt route means the cars diagonal belt adapts perfectly to the height of the child's shoulder.
- Ergonomic design and ventilation maximises comfort.
- Smartphone QR barcode for in car fitting videos.
- Indicators confirm the ISOFIX hooks are engaged.
- Certified to European Safety Regulations ECE R44/04. Side impact tested, impact approved